Horse in the Box is looking for a NEW RETAIL EXPERT TEAM MEMBER based at our Yarra Glen Store.
Casual Sales Assistant: 1-3 days a week, including at least 2 Saturdays or Sundays per month.
This position would ideally suit a person with equestrian knowledge, a passion for equestrian fashion, some customer service experience, and proficient computer & digital skills.
HORSE IN THE BOX was established 21 years ago on the principles of providing excellent customer service and quality European equestrian wear and accessories at affordable prices.
Our business has continued to expand both online and via our Yarra Valley Store. Our commitment to excellence in the products and service we offer are continually our main aim. We strive to be in step with the latest European fashion trends, sourcing unique and elegant riding wear, hand-selected for our valued customers, and presented in a boutique-style collection.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Previous retail, customer service or sales experience is a must
- Knowledge of equestrian brands and products, with a passion for equestrian fashion
- Computer literacy, and ability to quickly master the use of POS and online shopping systems
- Outgoing yet professional personality with a positive, friendly attitude
- Self-motivated, with the ability to adapt to challenging situations and use initiative
- Dedication to providing the highest level of customer service
- Impeccable presentation is a must
- Ability to communicate and liaise with other team members
- Ability to Liaise with a variety of clients and conversate in an appropriate manor
- House-proud, and dedicated to maintaining a tidy and beautiful shop
- Exceptional level of organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve, but with the confidence to ask for assistance when required
- Flexibility with the roster from time to time
- Proficiency with social media platforms would be a fantastic advantage
- Welcoming customers to our equestrian boutique
- Providing expert advice to customers on an extensive range of products and services
- Managing each customer individually and provide a positive experience and increase sales opportunities
- High end customer service: including answering phone calls, processing transactions
- Processing Internet orders
- Replenishing products
- Updating our inventory system and uploading information to our website
- Assisting in other departments should the need arise
- An exciting work environment, with no two days the same
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- A dynamic team environment
- Ongoing training & support
- Generous staff discounts
- Your resume and cover letter with head shot, containing a detailed description of:
o your work experience, including duties and years in sales or customer service
o your experience with equestrian sports
o your experience with computer systems and POS, if applicable
- Your general availability
- A minimum of 2 workplace references
Please only apply if you meet all the requirements. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your resume and application to:email@example.com att: Erika Kovacs, or hand deliver to 27-29 Bell St Yarra Glen 3770 during business hours.
*Horse in the Box is an equal opportunity employer
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 30th of August 2023